The Projects and Works Department deals with all types of projects related to water supply and sanitation in Peshawar city under jurisdiction of WSSP. It is headed by GM with approved support staff of 9 persons including two managers, two assistant managers and 5 sub- engineers.
The job entrusted to the Projects & Works Department include preparation of feasibility reports, design, and cost estimation, preparation of PC-1 and PC-2 documents, assist Procurement section in preparation of bidding documents and bid evaluation, implementation and supervision and report progress.
The funding for projects comes from various sources including
- Annual Development Program (ADP) of Govt. of KP
- MPA grants,
- Funds received as grants or loans from donor agencies
- Any other sources of funds received as special funds.
All developmental funds and projects are implemented through the Projects & Works Department of WSSP.
Policy Mission & Objectives
The policies herein set the minimum expectations of WSSP on all projects staff and departments of WSSP that are involved in the execution, either directly or in a support role:
- Guarantee consistency between the strategy of WSSP and its projects;
- Plan and budget comprehensively in conjunction with PMERR and the Finance Department;
- Understand key aspects of project financial management
- Manage resources efficiently to achieve set objectives;
- Document and manage essential information on project implementation;
- Comply with the regulatory and information technology aspects of project management;
- Ensures the project is implemented in a transparent and accountable manner in line with the rules and regulations of Govt. of KP, and;
- Prepare for internal monitoring by PMEER and external evaluations commissioned by the sponsor of the project;
Goals achieved since inception of WSSP
- Installation 318 km of drinking water supply Pipeline in different areas of Peshawar
- 45 No.s of Water Supply Schemes newly constructed/rehabilitated
- Construction of Over Head Water Reservoir
- Replacement of 100 No.s Old Tubewell Pumping Machinery
- Construction of 67.92 km Sanitation Works (Street construction/rehabilitation along with Allied structures
- Construction/Rehabilitation of 75.21Km Drains