Citizen Liaisoning Cell
To ensure universal water supply and sanitation coverage in WSSP service areas of District Peshawar through strengthening systems, resources, networks, organizations and institutions.
Promote community empowerment and engagement in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) sector through building effective, equitable and sustainable partnership between citizens and the WSSP.
- To develop a “policy” and “strategy” for extending water and sewerage services to uncovered population of WSSP area.
- Prepare a comprehensive Socio-Economic Profile and GIS mapping of formal & informal settlements.
- Identify legal/institutional/technical/social barriers to investing in formal & informal settlements and suggest sustainable solutions.
- To enhance the voice of citizens of Peshawar in planning and implementing processes of WSSP.
- Establish partnerships with NC’s/stakeholders working in Peshawar in water and sanitation sector for harmony and targeted interventions.
Progress & Future Plan
200 Ulema/Imam Masajid were oriented during Eid Ul azha campaign. Most of Ulema’s delivered massage through Friday and Eid sermons for safe dispose off animal offal’s through contacting WSSP field team after Eid Qurbani.
- Cleaning Campaign designed for UNICEF project in Sheeheen Muslim town 1 Union Council 11
- Orientation conducted for four Neighborhood Councils regarding WSSP intervention and defines their role and responsibilities for WSSP interventions. NC’s including:
- Mahal Terai II NC 9 of UC 9 in zone A of WSSP
- Yakatooth II NC 59 of UC 21 in zone B of WSSP
- Pawaka NC 99 of UC 35 in zone C of WSSP
- Tehkal payan 1 NC 108 of UC 39 in zone D of WSSP
Capacity building of the NC’s is under progress regarding WASH. 3 competitions will be conducted among the above NC’s, based on their best performance regarding WASH intervention at NC level, one NC will be selected for award.
- Drafted MoU for IM Science and after review will be finalized. Thematic area of the MoU is to utilize IM science forum for mobilizing students in different institutions regarding WASH and to be utilize as platform for massive campaign for health hygiene awareness in education institutions.
- Drafted behavior change communication strategy (BCC) for CLC to be implemented in field for developing positive behavior of community toward WASH intervention.
Next quarter Plan
- Organizing competition among selected NC’s for best performance award.
- Organizing students quiz competition in school for WASH awareness.
- IEC materials for WASH will be developed.
- Awareness and hygiene session with community will be conducted in targeted area.
- Community awareness campaign on WASH will be organized in WSSP targeted area.
- Finalizing behavior change communication (BCC) strategy of CLC.